For the second month of the Blueprint Project, my focus will be on celebration. There are some notable holidays and personal special occasions that I will be commemorating. Some of these include:
- My roommate’s birthday
- Mother’s Day
- Victoria Day
- Theo’s first birthday
- My one year anniversary at my company
- My one year anniversary with Alec
In addition to these larger holidays, I am hoping to experience an overall sense of celebration and gratitude for the little things in life as well.
What do you do to celebrate life each day?
♥ weekends in Bobcaygeon ♥ (many) birthday dinners- Kalendar pork medallions with Alec and steak at the Keg with Salinna ♥ splurging on new shoes ♥ sunny warm days…finally ♥ surprise birthday pie at work ♥ informative conferences ♥
What is on your Things I Love Thursday list this week?
For the second month of the Blueprint Project, the theme will be Celebrate.
More details to come…
Recently in a post-Oscar daze I compiled a list of movies I’ve been meaning to see. I have slowly been working away at the list and thus far have watched 8 out of the 50.
After further Netflix browsing, I have started an additional list of 15 more:
- Water for Elephants
- Winter’s Bone
- Kramer vs Kramer
- Midnight Cowboy
- The Last Station
- Seven Psychopaths
- Midnight in Paris
- To Rome with Love
- Jack goes Boating
- Nine to Five
- Valley of the Dolls
- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (only after I read the book)
- Manhattan Murder Mystery
What is on your to watch list?
What great movies have you seen lately?
♥ Running my first 10k. I wrote about it here ♥ Seeing the Mirvish production of The Wizard of Oz ♥ Dinner with mom ♥ Pre-run beet juice ♥
♥ work trips to Hamilton ♥ sushi dates with Salinna ♥ signing up for marketing conferences ♥ short work weeks ♥
How was your week?
What made you smile?
Today has been amazing. I completed my first 10k and couldn’t be happier! Running the Toronto Yonge Street 10k was such a great experience. It had a great route with great people running it. Overall, it was fantastic!
- The week leading up to the run, I limited my soft drink and alcohol consumption. From Monday-Friday, I had one alcoholic beverage and two sodas. It felt great, however I did find myself craving sugar.
- I also tried to swap some unhealthy choices with more nutritional or lower calorie alternatives. For example, I often order sushi laden with spicy mayo and deep fried shrimp. I swapped this for simple avocado and salmon maki. I felt as though it was a cleaner alternative.
- I’ve been striving to incorporate new foods into my diet as well. I have been using more coconut oil (rather than my usual standby, olive oil) and even grew my own sprouts this week!
- My other goal this week was to not skip breakfast. Success! I ate a breakfast- usually consisting of Yves Canadian bacon and an egg/veggie scramble- everyday.
Now, onto the goals and guidelines for this week:
- start practicing yoga again
- go on more walks
- work on toning
- take Epsom salt baths to aid muscle recovery
- rest and relax after a month of training!
♥ getting my piece about the Boston Marathon attack published ♥ a busy, exciting weekend ahead ♥ watching a wonderful documentary, Craigslist Joe ♥ early morning runs in High Park ♥ getting to see my mom this weekend ♥
What are you thankful for this week?
Any last minute 10k running tips?